Wow, it has been months since I last posted! In my defense I had a baby at the end of October and have been extremely busy. I have so many ideas for posts that float through my but rarely have time to post them.
What I’ve learned over the past 5 months of having two kids: not a damn thing! Just kidding.
List of things I’ve learned over the past 5 months with two kids. (My son is almost 3 and my daughter 5 months)
1. It is very much a juggling act to do even the smallest tasks sometimes.
Example: In the middle of nursing my daughter, my son screams that he has to pee-pee in the potty! He dashes off to the bathroom and is yelling for help to unbutton his pants and help him sit on the potty. (Correctly for a boy requires some finesse to not make a BIG mess-lol) I run to the bathroom with my daughter (sometimes still latched on to me) and help him pull down his pants and properly sit on the potty all with one hand. Then there is the washing of his hands and pulling his pants back on again. This entire process should take about 2 minutes, but I swear, sometimes it seems we are in there for closer to 10 only to return again because he hasn’t peed enough the past visit to the potty!
2. If one kid sleeps through the night, the other will surely have an issue sleeping that night.
3. Both kids will always get hungry at the same time and both will whine, whimper or cry until fed. I just have to decide which one I can stand to hear for 5 minutes while I feed the other one. lol
4. Getting out of the house is a 2 hour process usually followed by a return trip to the house to use the potty or grab one of the million items needed to carry, cover or soothe a newborn baby.
5. They grow so quickly but your body doesn’t “bounce back” nearly as quickly.
6. Just when you’re about to lose your cool, one of your little angels smiles at you with a big smile and melts your heart. This leads you to forget about how you’ve changed your shirt three times that day because of spit up, changed several poop diapers and been yelled at for food.
Ahhh the life of a mom!!